Awards and Scholarships
North Carolina is filled with outstanding educators and supporters of visual arts who make a difference. We created our award and scholarship programs to recognize these everyday heroes. Please see the opportunities below.
NCAEA Call for Award Nominations
DEADLINE: July 1
We’re sure you know an NCAEA member or friend of the visual arts who deserves a pat on the back and recognition for his or her excellent work.
Please take a moment to nominate them for an award to be bestowed at the annual NCAEA Professional Development Conference.
Nominate an outstanding art educator or "Friend of the Arts" to recognize their commitment and contributions to the visual arts in North Carolina.
- All nominations must come from NCAEA members. The nominator or nominee should complete the form with the required materials.
- All nominations must be received electronically by the due date for consideration for Awards presented at the annual conference.
- "Friends of the Arts" awards will be recognized in two categories and do not have to be members of NCAEA/NAEA.
- All other award nominees must be current members of NCAEA/NAEA to be eligible.
- Any questions may be directed to the NCAEA Awards Coordinator, Debra S. Pylypiw
NCAEA Bobbi Bowman Memorial Scholarship Fund
Honoring the memory of Bobbi Bowman, the NCAEA awards scholarships twice a year for professional development classes, workshops for an NCAEA member. The scholarship amount can be up to $500.00.
Application deadlines are March 5th or October 5th. Use the button below to submit a application.
About the NCAEA Bobbi Bowman Memorial Scholarship Fund
Bobbi Bowman was the NCAEA Newsletter Editor in 1996. Her unexpected death shocked the members of NCAEA. Bobbi, Mrs. Barbara Forrest Bowman, age 62 died early Christmas morning at New Hanover Regional Medical Center. She moved to Wilmington, NC in 1979 from Pennsylvania and was an art teacher at Williston Middle School. She was survived by sons John Bowman, III (Jack), a sales rep, and Bruce Forrest Bowman, an architect, who made a contribution of $100.00 to NCAEA. Her school’s PTA also made a $50.00 donation to NCAEA.
The board requested and approved that the scholarship award be named NCAEA Bobbi Bowman Memorial Scholarship Fund. Two certificates were designated and sent to that year's recipients.
The first recipients of the scholarship fund were Libby Scandale and Pat Kincheloe Morrison.
If you would like to contribute to or create a scholarship or award please contact the NCAEA.