Make visual arts more visible in your school!
Sponsoring a chapter of the National Art Honor Society (NAHS) for students in grades 9-12 or National Junior Art Honor Society (NJAHS) for students in grades 6-9 magnifies the innovation, skills, and scholarship that your art program brings to your school and community.
Find out more! http://www.arteducators.org/community/nahs/About
Download the handbook to learn everything you need to know to start a chapter.
NATIONAL ART HONOR SOCIETY TRAVELING EXHIBIT
Here is our tentative display schedule so far for the 2015-2016 NAHS Traveling Exhibit. I try to put at least a week in between displays to allow for transportation. As the display schedule fills in, I will notify you on more specific dates for the exhibit drop off and pick up.
Nov. 5-8, 2015 - Collect the exhibit and display at the Renaissance Hotel in Asheville, NC
Nov., 2015 – Red Gallery and Studio, Rolesville, NC
Dec., 2015 - Red Gallery and Studio, Rolesville, NC
Jan., 2016 – Meredith College, Raleigh, NC
Feb., 2016 - Imperial Centre for Arts & Sciences, Rocky Mount, NC
Mar., 2016 – Temple Theater, Sanford, NC
Apr., 2016 – East Carolina University, Greenville, NC
May, 2016 - Artwork sent back to its home school
Why should my school join NAHS/NJAHS?
Sponsors become part of the professional NAEA community and receive exclusive member benefits including: one semi-yearly and one bi-monthly publication; complete access to My NAEA online features; member privilege discounts on publications, merchandise, and the National Convention; eligibility for grants and awards; access to the Instructional Resources Gallery, and more!
- Sponsors are eligible to apply for the Outstanding NAHS Sponsor Award .
- Students become members of a distinguished group of over 46,000 art students.
- Students gain peer recognition, leadership growth opportunities, college and career preparation, and an unmatched sense of camaraderie.
- Students receive opportunities for publication in the NAHS News (a semi-annual, full-color digital publication), and the National Art Honor Societies Online Gallery powered by Artsonia.
- Juniors and Seniors are eligible for the Rising Stars Secondary Recognition Program Award .
- Seniors are eligible to apply for the Charles M. Robertson Memorial Scholarship and scholarships to Columbus College of Art and Design, Maryland Institute College of Art, and The Art Institute.
- Impress them! Institutions of higher education view the NAHS as a mark of accomplishment.