2017 NCAEA Professional Development Conference
October 26-29, 2017 | Wilmington NC
You're invited to the
NCAEA's Professional Development Conference
"Exploring unchARTed Horizons"
in Wilmington, North Carolina
WOW! Another adventure in Professional Development with the North Carolina Art Education Association! Mark your calendar and start planning today! So EXCITED to be in Wilmington!
You can make reservations immediately at the Riverside Hilton in Downtown Wilmington!
Hilton Reservations - NC Art Education Association
You can also give them a call: 1-910-763-5900
We will be attending workshops and presentations at the NEW Wilmington Convention Center right on the river front! There will be over 100 workshops and presentations for you to choose from, as well as galleries, tours, and more. Registration is LIVE now!
Download the letter to administration encouraging their support of your attendance at this year’s conference! And, you can start planning for expenses and asking for support from your principal, supervisors, and superintendent. You may even search for a grant to help you.
A breakdown of the cost is as follows:
· NCAEA/NAEA Membership: $90
· Conference Registration: $150
· Conference Hotel: $139 plus 13% tax per night (find roommates to reduce this by half!)
· Parking at Hotel: $11 per day (include this amount in your travel with mileage/gas.)
· Food: State per diem is $37.90 per day (except Saturday, your evening meal is provided at the Banquet at no additional cost)
· Add all this together including a roommate and the total is: $587.11 plus you will need to add in your gas mileage. Divide the total and start saving today!
· For 15 to 20 hours of professional development, this is a great deal!! Compare this to college tuition and other arts workshops. And, you can complete it all in one fabulous weekend in Wilmington!!
2017 Conference Members' Exhibit Entries!! If you wish to enter a piece of your artwork in this year's show, please follow the link and fill in the form, print it to attach to the back of your entry, and bring it ready to hang to the registration desk. DEADLINE: Oct. 2: Form must be submitted with digital image of work. https://goo.gl/forms/kHcmhFoSI2tMfH7t1
Wilmington, NC has a lot to offer including a thriving arts district, downtown galleries, shopping, and restaurants! Visit www.wilmingtonandbeaches.com to see all there is to offer!